Thursday 28 May 2020

Ancestor Poem

LI: to write a poem that describes our ancestors using literary devices



This week we wrote a Poem to show our culture, and the gifts our ancestors gave us. In our poem we used literary devices like repetition, similes, metaphors and many more. For example “I hear the heartbeat of my ancestors live on through the bangs from the drums”. We used cultural references, words, and phrases to make our poem have a strong connection. We also used the 5 senses in our poems to paint a picture into the reader's mind so they have a stronger connection with the poem as well as having a better understanding. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris;
    I'm Burmese as well and I felt the connection between me and the poem, this poem really meant something to me. Maybe in the blurb you could add a part of your poem in the blurb to extend the blurb.
    From: Ong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ong for your great compliments. I have already put a part of my poem in the blurb to show an example of a literary device I've done in my poem. Again thank you so much for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi chris. I really like your poem, I can see that you have used you language in your poem. Good job

    ReplyDelete