Monday 4 May 2020

Haiku - Challenge 1



LI: to learn about poetry
For one of our Distance Learning activities we did some poetry. Poetry is a piece of text that expresses feelings or emotions in a certain way. We did a Haiku poem, which is a traditional Japanese poem. The Haiku poem has a structure in it, the first sentence needs 5 syllables, second sentence needs 7 syllables, and the third sentence has 5 syllables. The topic for our Haiku poems were: Trees, Sun, Summer, Winter, Rain, Ocean, and Mountains. The three I did were Rain, Ocean, and Summer.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Chris, I think your poems are lovely and they all painted a beautiful picture in my head. Did you know in Katikati they have a haiku walkway. I have never done it myself but I'd like to. Have you heard of Matsuo Basho? Have you read any of his poems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Pryde,
    Thank you for the compliments you have given me. I didn't know they had a haiku walkway. That sounds really fun. I've never heard of Matsuo Basho but I would really like to read his poems.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete