Thursday 4 June 2020

Cityscape of Kuala Lumpur

LI: to write a description of my cityscape using prepositions


Not many people know but Kuala means two rivers joining, and Lumpur means mud. So together it means “Muddy Confluence”. As you can see in the middle of my cityscape is the Petronas Twin Towers, are you aware that they are the tallest twin towers. They rise high above any other twin towers. As strange as it may seem on the left of my cityscape, the prominent feature in Kuala Lumpur, the Kuala Lumpur Tower oddly resembles the Auckland Sky Tower. Below the Kuala Lumpur Tower stands the Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel which is 154 metres up. Kuala Lumpur has plenty of high rise buildings. My background for the cityscape were warm colors, I picked warm colors so I could set the mood on a sunny day, or a sunrise or sunset. I used white and black to make the shades either darker or lighter. As well as that I did a reflection on my art to show that it was next to the ocean. 

4 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Chris

    Awesome Art. I like the two buildings, that look connected. I know that is Kuala Lumpur, becuase my Auntie lives there.

    My favorite part of your art, is the nice read and orange backround. I like this because you have orange at the top, and rad at the bottom, which actually looks like a reflection.

    Wow! I actually did know about the rivers, but I didn't know that Lumpur means mud.

    Keep up the awesome, amazing work / art.

    You have got good skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments Giovanni! It is really nice that you know that this cityscape is Kuala Lumpur. What cityscape did you do for your art?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Chris. I really like your cityscape, wow you have really great fact about Kuala Lumpur's name. I certainly didn't know the meaning meaning about the city's name. I think that you have done a good job using using warm colours because Kuala Lumpur is a hot city. I liked the way you used prepositions to tell where all the buildings are.

    ReplyDelete