Wednesday 21 August 2019

Self Control

LI: to learn about self control
Our theme for this term is Resilience, which means coping with challenges and bouncing back.Our topic for the next couple of weeks is Self Control. Self Control, is controlling your emotions, your actions and more in a positive way. Our activity was trying to do four challenges. We had to do each challenge in a minute, we had to do them by not stressing out, and we had to try to control ourselves when doing it.

One of the challenges was a fitness test. We had to try to do 5 press ups, 5 sit ups, 5 squats, and 5 burpees in under a minute. Another one was trying to write the alphabet backwards, but we had to start from Z, and we couldn't write the alphabet and copy them. Next was trying to match the English colours with the Maori colours. Last was trying to recreate the Kiwi Can catchphrase using new actions.

The challenging part of the fitness test was being exhausted, I overcame it by having small breaks in between every time I changed. Writing the alphabet was difficult because I knew we wouldn't complete it, but I overcame that by coming up with a strategy. Matching the Maori words with  English words was hard because I forgot it, but I overcame it by trying to do it with the ones I know. Recreating the Kiwican catchphrase wasn't that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment