Tuesday 24 August 2021

List Poem

LI: To write a list poem that describes a topic by painting a picture with your words.                              


For Writing we were learning about Poems. The Poem we were learning about today is called a List Poem. By the name it states that it is a poem that lists things you've done, or would like to do. This was really fun because the poem I did was called "What is a million", listing things I have or have done a million times. It was really fun doing this activity as I got to see what I have done in my lifetime, as well as appreciate what is around me. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Chris, I really enjoyed reading your poem. I liked that you used adjectives to add extra imagery to your poem. For example 'The bright stars in the sky' doesn't sound nearly as awesome as 'The bright shining stars in the midnight sky'. It paints a very clear picture.
    My favourite line was by far 'A million is the times my mum has told me... I'm her best boy.' I like how you put I'm her best boy on the last line as a form of cliffhanger. It is a very nice ending to a very good poem.
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete