Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Day 1 Activity 2

Today I did my 2nd Activity for Day 1 and this is about sailing. Leaving your home and crossing a thousand miles in a Waka getting to New Zealand. We also had to send a short letter to a friend of what we feel while crossing a thousand miles.

Dear Friend, we have finally landed on New Zealand, throughout that whole journey it was rough. Comparing to our homeland they are already starting winter. There are also some people who are here as well. I'll admit....... it is kinda rough and uncomfortable here. People have been camping and hunting here. PS: there a bird with a long beak and no tail without wings. Weird am I right. 
Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris!

    Awesome work on your letter, I can see you have really thought about what it might be like to voyage and land in a new country. I like that you have made comparison to your homeland and talked about the animals that you see on the island. What an exciting adventure!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Chris,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Well done on writing a formal letter to your friend. And great use of ellipsis (…) “I’ll admit…”
    Great way to keep your writing interesting and engaging! Is the bird you are describing a kiwi? If so, you did an awesome job at creating a unique and very creative letter.

    Keep up the great work Chris, I can’t wait to read more of your creative blog posts!

    Cadence 😊

    ReplyDelete