Thursday 23 July 2020

10 - 5 - 7 - 10 - 10 Writing

LI: to use the 10 - 5 - 7 - 10 - 10 strategy to write a story

Climbing on top

“Beep, beep, beep!'', the alarm was screaming in my ears. It was still dark, pitch black. I woke up knowing that today was the day, I’m going to climb up that mountain. I got out of my tent full of excitement. Just walking up there made my adrenaline rush, I was super pumped! “Let's do this!”, I thought to myself. I saw the mountain, and it was super steep. It looked like a tilting wall. I tried to have a positive mindset, and started climbing. My friend went up in her car, “Lara, I’m going up and setting up the rope!”. 

She dropped the rope, and fell straight down, like a zooming missile. I saw the sun about to rise. I quickly set up my equipment and started climbing. As soon as I touched the rock, I felt satisfied. I was climbing up, and knew the risk. But going up I felt invincible, and untouchable. I kept climbing up, trying to climb with all my might. I saw the sun starting to rise. I started rushing, but that was my downfall. I was trying so hard to climb, I began to get tired faster. 

My arms got numb, and my legs were strained. I put too much pressure on my body. This made me start to lose hope, I wanted to give up. I thought about giving up and going down, but thought about all those months of training. That decision was about to waste all my effort. But no, I went and kept going and kept on fighting. Climbing up was my only option, nothing else!
I went up, it was a struggle but it was nothing compared to those months of training. Then…

I reached the top. My friend was in shock and amazement. “You climbed it up!” she screamed with excitement, “I did it? I did it! I did it!” I screamed. As I got my gear up and laid down to rest, I saw the sunrise slowly coming out behind the beautiful mountain. Seeing this was worth it, all those months of training were worth it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Writing we were writing a story using the 5 - 7 - 10 method. But we changed it a bit and added an extra 10 minutes at the beginning to plan so its easier. Then we use 5 minutes to write as much ideas as you can. Next you find a writing buddy, and read each - others work and give feedback and feed forward. You do that 7 minutes each. Then for 10 minutes you finish off the work you are doing. We added another 10 minutes to draft it or check it. For our idea our writing was based off of a picture of someone climbing a steep hill, with a sunrise coming out behind a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment