Friday 7 August 2020

Food Tech (Week 7)

LI: to learn how to make MaPo chicken and eggplant
At Tamaki College, we had Food Tech with Mrs Heka. This week she taught us how to make MaPo, which is a Hawaiian dish. It consists of some meat, a sauce, and rice. We first got all the ingredients, and then we got the tools needed to make the dish. We first started off by dicing the veges which were the onions and garlic. We then diced our meat, which was chicken and vegetarian sausages. We then started cooking the onions and garlic, then added the meat in. Later we added the sauce to give it a kick and some flavour. We also added eggplant. Lastly we added a mixture of corn flour and water to give it moisture. We ate this dish with rice and it was lovely.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog about making MaPo. I liked how you stated the ingredients and the equipment to use in the recipe, and I also liked how you explained how you explained how to make MaPo. I also made this but I only made it with mince, Did the vegetarian sausages taste like real sausages?

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lukah, for taking the time to read my post and comment on it. When I had the MaPo with the vegan sausage, for me it didn't taste too different. I really liked it, and thought it was pretty delicious.

      Would you have preferred any other meat in the MaPo?

      Thanks Lukah!

      Delete
    2. Hi Chris, thanks for replying back to my comment. To answer your question I would have rather preferred chicken because I'm more used to chicken with rice.

      If you were given the chance to add anything else to the recipe to MaPo, what would you add?

      Thanks Chris!

      Delete