Monday 16 December 2019

10 food items

LI: to complete the Summer Learning Journey
This task is a Summer Learning Journey task. The task was about navigation and exploring. Nainoa Thompson is a expert navigator and navigates by using the ancient Polynesian way finding skills to navigate around the world. The task was to imagine being invited to sail with Nainoa Thompson and bringing 10 food items.

The first item I would pick is heaps of water to drink. I would pick water because it keeps me hydrated and is a need for the human body. The second food item is fruit because it boosts our fiber and our nutrient intake. 3rd

1st item: Water - water is a must because you need it to survive, helps the joints, brain and much more
2nd item: Beans - they are good for protein, and high in fibre
3rd item: Nuts - they have fibre, protein, minerals and so much more that are good for you.
4th item: Rice - Rice is a quick energy source, has minerals and vitamins and much more
5th item: Noodles - they are a complete protein that have all 9 amino acids that the body needs
6th item: Bread - bread is great because it has vitamins, minerals, fibre, protein and so much more
7th item: Pasta - pasta have low sodium and cholesterol free
8th item: Cheese - cheese is such a good source of calcium and protein
9th item: Canned tuna - tuna is a good source of nutrients, it has selenium, protein, and vitamin D
10th item: Vegetables - they are low in fat, have fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and more

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chris,

    My name is Mani and I am going to be joining you on the Summer Learning Journey as a blog commenter. I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This year I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs, especially because I have been to your school and met some of your fellow students! I am really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time with my family and hanging out with my friends. I also love to exercise and write songs in my spare time. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I really enjoyed reading through your list of food items and the reasons why you chose them. I absolutely agree with you about picking water as the first item. I found all the different nutritional facts about the food very interesting. By adding some bright colours or a few pictures of the food items to your blog post I think it would really catch people’s attention.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts Chris, happy posting! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bula Vinaka Chris, you've had an amazing journey this year, from beginning to end! This was a great start to the activities, and the whole programme itself. This is a really smart list, including some really good ideas. Out of the items you've listed, what's a simple meal you could possible make? Rice and beans maybe? Superb job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris,
    I liked the list of food that you would take with you. I also like to eat most of the items you have on there like noodles, pasta and bread. If you could bring something to drink other than water what would you take?

    ReplyDelete