Tuesday 17 December 2019

Space Poem

LI: to complete the Summer Learning Journey
This task is from the Summer Learning Journey. The topic for this years Summer Learning Journey is Change - makers. The task was to imagine being Neil Armstrong and write a short poem on how I felt when I took the first step on the moon. Neil Armstrong was the first person to land on the moon. They landed on the moon on an Apollo 11.

Space Poem:
I was nervous, thinking about what the outcome could possibly be.
I took my very first step on the moon. I just realised that the gravity was different.
It felt like I had nothing on. Then my very first words on the moon "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind". 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the poem you created about walking on the moon - would you REALLY like to walk on the moon? I'm not too sure I'd like the journey there... Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris!,
    Congrats on completing the past few activities of Summer Learning Journey. Your poem is really interesting and descriptive. I like how you have not only explained what you have done for this activity, but you also gave a short paragraph of who Neil Armstrong was. Would you like to be a astronaut for one day and be able to walk on the moon?

    Keep Up The Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chris! Your poem is very interesting...also a great way to describe what it might be like on the moon! Our poems have some things that are quiet similar, like Neil's first words on the moon. How do you think YOU would react to being the first person to land on the moon? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,
    I like your poem about the moon landing. I also liked how you wrote about how the gravity on the moon is different from the gravity down here on Earth. If you had the chance, would you like to fly up to the moon?

    ReplyDelete