Thursday 19 December 2019

My Treasures

LI: to complete the Summer Learning Journey.
This task is from the Summer Learning Journey. This years topic for the Summer Learning Journey is Change - makers. The task was to write three things that are treasures to us and why we cherish it. This task was based off of Sophie Pascoe. She is a para swimmer, which is a swimmer that has a physical disability. Despite having a physical disability she dominates in swimming. She is a national treasure to New Zealand. A national treasure is someone or something that is very important to a country.

The first treasure to me is a bracelet my Grandmother from the Dads side gave me. She used to wear it when she was young, and when I finally visited Burma she gave it to me. Since then I haven't taken it off. The second treasure is a guitar my Dad gave me when he was little. He used to and still does play the guitar and now like my Dad I play the guitar. The last one is actually a photo of my deceased Grandfather. I cherish it because I never really got to meet him or talk to him.

5 comments:

  1. Hi again Chris! I love reading about the things people treasure, and these three things were really interesting. The bracelet and photograph seem like they must be really dear to you. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chris!,
    I have enjoyed reading about your three special treasures. You have some interesting treasures. I also have a bracelet as one of my special treasures, which was give to me from my sister when it was my birthday. If you could only choose one treasure, what would it be?

    Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Chris,

    Thank you for sharing your treasures for this Summer Learning Journey activity. You are very lucky to have so many of the special items to treasure. Did you dad teach you to play the guitar? What songs can you play on the guitar? I did guitar lessons when I was in Year 7, I didn’t get very far though but I can play Smoke on the Water!

    Keep up the blogging!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris,
    The treasures that you have shared on this blog post sound great. It sounds like you love your grandmother, father and grandfather a lot. Out of the three treasures from them, which one do you value the most? Also, it's good that you can play the guitar, do you know how to play any songs?

    ReplyDelete