Saturday 28 December 2019

Book Review



LI: to complete the Summer Learning Journey
This task is from the Summer Learning Journey. This years topic for the Summer Learning Journey is Change - makers. The task was to imagine that Emma has just emailed you and asked for your help. She needs a recommendation for a great book for her book club. She also needs you to prepare a short review of the book to share with her readers. The task was based off of Emma Watson and what she does. She is an actor and you might recognise her as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, or Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Off acting she does a lot of speeches on women and girl rights and tries to get men and boys to also support the rights of women and girls. She also is an avid reader and has a worldwide book-club.

6 comments:

  1. Great DLO Chris - I got x2 new books for Christmas which was really nice, did you get any new books to read? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep your learning up over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Chris! How are you doing? It's Olive and the Auckland wind here! Palm trees still going crazy outside my window!

    Thank you for a great post! I really enjoyed your book review! You're a fantastic writer! Ka pai on all your effort! "Stormbreaker" by Anthony Horowitz sounds amazing! I normally read fantasy and historical fiction, but I do enjoy a good crime novel myself. My favourite detective is Sherlock Holmes. I love the BBC TV show "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch, it's so engaging! Who is your favourite defective or spy?

    Keep up the great work!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris! Wow, the book cover for Storm-breaker is really captivating. I really enjoyed reading your review about the book as well, it definitely explains the books you are interested in. Your summary was very well written, and explains a lot about what happens. My book review was called "The Best Worst Thing" and it focuses on a girl in a small family called Maggie which you can learn more about on my blog post. Have you read it before? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chris,
    I like your book review on Stormbreaker. I've also read the book before and would also recommend reading it to people. I found it to be a action packed book about a young, clever and resourceful teenage spy. Have you read any of the other books Anthony Horowitz has written?

    ReplyDelete