Friday 21 December 2018

Living On The Edge

Dear Mum,
Are you having a good time because I am. It's pretty boring though because it's really cold, and dry. Also treeless. It looks like some people have been logging all day. But it’s really cool and amazing because I get to see new species or animals I have never heard about. It’s really amazing, I hope one day we can go together.

LI: to write a letter to family member or friend about experience in Tundra
This week one of the activities for the Summer Learning Journey was to imagine being taken to Tundra for a school field trip. Then you had to write a letter to a friend or family member about your experience in Tundra. I chose to send it to my Mum. Also did you know that Tundra is dry and cold, and completely treeless. Also the average temperature of Tundra is 280C?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you talked about how loggers affect how many trees there are, although it may just be because it is too cold for them to grow. What kind of animals live in Tundras?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora Chris,

    You have written a great letter to your mum. It’s crazy that the Tundra is treeless. I can’t imagine what it would look like because here in New Zealand we have many trees here. Do you think that you would ever want to visit a Tundra in real life? I think I would but I would need to make sure I have packed lots of warm clothes because I don’t like the cold. I think it would a great chance to experience a place that is very different to New Zealand.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Chris,

    What an outstanding blog post seen from you. It's good to see you focusing on your learning during these summer holidays. I did this activity too. It was great. Did you enjoy doing this task? Why? Your letter to your mother is great. You have used great adjectives to describe this letter.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chis
    I see you are doing very well, You seem to have a great start! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete