Friday 28 December 2018

Local Delicacy


LI: to retell a recipe
For this activity we had to pick a favourite food, and find the recipe and retell it. My favourite food is Fried Chicken. Fried Chicken is my favourite food is because my mother made it when I was young. And it was amazing, I ate a lot of the chicken.


  • 4 cups of all purpose flour (divided)
  • 2 tablespoons garlic salt
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 3 tea spoons pepper (divided) 
  • 2 - 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning 
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 - 1/2 cups of water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
  • Oil for deep fat frying

4 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, it's Billy here again from the Summer Learning Journey team. Thank you for sharing this brilliant recipe for making fried chicken. Everyone I knows absolutely adores fried chicken. What's not to love?

    I am currently living in London, England, and the fried chicken here is so popular. I love getting the spicy chicken wings but I usually (always) eat too many!

    Do you have a favourite sweet food?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you even added in a picture of your favourite food. I like fried chicken too but my family never makes it, we just drive down to KFC instead! Do you have a favourite dish from your culture?

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Chris,

    What an outstanding blog post seen from you. It's good to see you focusing on your learning during these summer holidays. I did this activity too. It was great. Did you enjoy doing this task? Why? I LOVEEE fried chicken so much. Thanks for sharing the ingredients and instructions for this food. I am sure that everyone would love to make this. If you were to make this with someone from the SLJ team who would it be and why?

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chris,
    WOw your recipe sounds yum. I would love to try this one day!. I love fried chicken because it reminds me of KFC. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete