Sunday 20 December 2020

Optical Illusion - Step it Up

LI: to explain how to make an Optical Illusion



For our next Summer Learning Journey task, it was related to the post before which was Optical Illusions. I did the Step it Up Challenge which was recording a Screencastify about how I created my Optical Illusion. In my video I explained how I did some research on Optical Illusions and got some ideas from Illusions done before. I also explained what tool I used on Google Draw to make it easier for the people who want to make an Optical Illusion. An Optical Illusion is an image or video that deceives your eyes and brain to seeing something different rather than what the image actually is. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Great job on completing this Summer Learning Journey activity as well! I agree, showing the step by step tutorial was very helpful and especially the way you have showed the tools. When I created my screencastify I just told about the important points to take care of and now I think I could do much better. I think your blog post is perfect and can be an example to show others as well. Did you find anything challenging while doing this activity? If yes, what was it?

    Keep up the fabulous work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chris, this is Elle here again from the SLJ team.

    Wow - you have done an awesome job with your screencast! Thank you for stepping it up and telling us all about how you made your optical illusion, and what inspired it!

    I especially like that you mentioned your research, such as looking into both old and new illusions, and developing your ideas based on which illusions you were the most fond of! I have to agree - cube illusions are my favourite because of how much depth they have in them! Thank you for showing what tools you used as well, as it taught me how you got your lines so straight and perfect. Did you already know how to make straight lines on Google Draw, or did you also do some research to learn how?

    Because you have done such an outstanding job with stepping it up and teaching us how to make an optical illusion of our own, I am going to award you bonus points for this activity!

    Ngā mihi nui and keep it up!
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete