Friday 18 December 2020

Tanerore

LI: to use the meaning of kowhaiwhai patterns to explain our art


For our sixth Summer Learning Journey activity. This activity focused on kowhaiwhai patterns and Tanerore. Tanerore in the Maori Dictionary means heat haze. We then started making our kowhaiwhai patterns. It was really fun doing because I got to do it with my partner Matheus. The meaning was that because of the hot summer, the koru in the middle represent waves and oceans. The koru surrounding the center represent the earth or papatuanuku. This was a really fun activity because I got to make art which expressed my creativity. 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Great job on completing your sixth Summer Learning Journey Task. You design looks amazing! I liked how you have added detail and used the "koru" several times as it makes it look more effective. I also liked how you have added a well explained blurb by adding the meaning of your design. I think your blog post is perfect. If you were asked to make another kowhaiwhai pattern on the same topic what would be the story behind it?

    Keep up the great work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chris,

    Fiona here from the SLJ team. You and your partner Matheus have created an awesome kowhaiwhai design - so good, mīharo!. I really like how you have explained how your unique pattern represents waves, oceans and Papatuanuku.

    I can see you have put in a lot of effort here and you both deserve a pat on the back! What has been your favourite summer learning journey activity so far?

    Keep up the fantastic learning and blogging over the summer. It is so exciting to see all your mahi!

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete