Sunday 20 December 2020

What are you doing today? - Kick Start

LI: to learn more about Te Reo Maori


For our fifth activity of the Summer Learning Journey the activity was about Te Reo Maori. The slide deck shown above is about Te Reo Maori and mainly focuses on the idea of "Where are you going today?". I really like learning more about not only the language Te Reo Maori, but the history and culture behind it. I've become familiar with the Maori culture and is a part of me because of how it has impacted me in ways. This activity was amazing and was really fun doing with my Room 5 partner Matheus and my LS2 partner Moti. 

2 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Chris,

    I really liked reading your blog post today. You have nailed it! I think your maori pronunciation is great. I have done this task as well and I found it interesting because we were learning about new words in te Reo Maori. Did you find anything tricky? Great job for writing a well detailed blurb and explaining more about the topic. I also liked how you have mentioned your opinions and how you worked with your Room 5 buddy. What did you find interesting in this activity?

    Keep up the great work through out the Summer Learning Journey!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chris,

    You’ve rearranged the magnets and formed sentences brilliantly! Did you end up going swimming? Do you like the water? Can you do any cool tricks? Ka pai on some awesome language skills!

    Looking back at the create section on the activity, it includes another component. Are you able to draw a picture of you and your whānau doing the activity you chose in slide five. That way I can give you some points!

    Here is an example of a cool drawing that Kayla has done, check out slide seven to have a look.

    I’ll check back in later to see how you’re getting on - I can’t wait to see your drawing!

    Happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete