Wednesday 1 January 2020

Coding



LI: to complete the Summer Learning Journey
For this activity we gave coding a try. We went on a Coding Site and it had a bunch of different levels on it. The higher the level the more difficult or harder it gets. On our blog we took a screenshot of the completed shape we coded, and underneath the shape we gave our opinion on the site. The task was based off of Ada Lovelace who created a series of algorithms (instructions) that a machine could use to compute (calculate) difficult maths questions.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chris,

    Thanks for reviewing the coding app. Making your brain move is such a good feeling. I love solving problems! Do you enjoy coding? And, would you take it for a subject if you could?

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris! I'd say this is more helpful than it is fun. I think it's more of a learning game for coding and angels, but definitely plays it off in a fun way! Just not something I'd find myself doing in my spare time. But, I did really like some of the sophisticated drawings we could create, like the flower in your picture! It's very satisfying to watch your drawing trace into place when you get the coding right too...Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the last stage you could create your own picture. What's something that you created? Or COULD create using angles and etc. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris,
    I also enjoyed using the coding app. For me it was kind of a trail and error thing as while I was learning how to actually do the code, I made heaps of mistakes. Eventually I got the hang of it and found it to be pretty fun. What was your favorite part on learning how to code? Well done.

    ReplyDelete