Friday 3 January 2020

Hauora

LI: to complete the Summer Learning Journey
This task is from the Summer Learning Journey. The topic for the Summer Learning Journey is Change - makers. The task was to write down five thins we do to keep ourselves healthy. The task was based off of Dr Lance O’Sullivan who is a Māori doctor who lives in Northland. He has committed his life to improving the health and well-being of both his patients and people in the local community. In 2014 he was named New Zealander of the Year. He created digital programmed called iMoko. IMoko is for people living in communities without doctors. The people can take photos of health issues and send them to doctors in Northland. The doctors look at the photos, provide advice and can send a script to the local pharmacy so that the patient can get medicine. This programme is improving the health and well-being of people living in rural Northland.

Five things I Do:
1. I eat my fruit and vegetables on a daily basis
2. I try to eat a healthy meal as much as possible
3. I try to exercise everyday
4. I also try to stay positive so my mental health is also well
5. Drink milk and water every day a lot.

6 comments:

  1. Great blog post again in the SLJ... Which of your 5 things that you do to stay healthy is the most important Chris? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chris!,
    You have 5 great things you would do to stay healthy and strong for your well-being. Reading about the 5 things you would do was interesting and enjoyable. These things are very importing for our well-being. I would also exercise everyday and eat and drink to stay healthy.

    Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Chris,

    My name is Tayla and I am the cluster manager for the Summer Learning Journey in Kaikohekohe (Northland).

    I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on completing the programme! That is such an achievement, and I hope you are proud of all the hard work you have done over the last few weeks.

    You've listed 5 great ways to stay healthy, well done! I think it's awesome that you've included your mental health too. What sort of things do you do to stay positive? Something I like to do is write down things I'm grateful for :)

    I hope you're having a great summer holiday, Chris. Congratulations again for completing the SLJ programme!

    Ngā mihi,
    Tayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris! These are some great ways of staying healthy, and taking care of yourself. I like your point about being positive out of the whole list, because that really does affect your Mental state and especially others. Some people only talked about staying healthy, physical wise. And I think iMoko is a really helpful organisation, and is providing for those who struggle to get in contact with doctors. Would you do something like this to help communities? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris,
    I like the list that you have created on ways that you keep healthy. I also try to eat as many vegetables and fruit as I can and I try to exercise when possible. I also like how you included that you try to stay healthy mental wise as mental health is super important. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete