Tuesday 8 January 2019

A Flying Fox

For this activity we had to tell how we would feel about going ziplining in Rotorua. We had to try to use some descriptive words (adjectives) and action words (verbs) in our post! In Rotorua there are really beautiful forests. But when walking through the forest it damages the plants. So an eco-tourism company in Rotorua had an idea to create a zipline to transport you from one section to the other.

I my heart was beating twice the speed. I had adrenaline racing. I was super ecstatic but super nervous. It looked really fun but I was my heart was still racing. I was sweating from head to toe. I got on and I was sweating like there was water poured on me.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Chris! I really enjoyed reading your descriptive story about zip-lining in Rotorua. You did really well in this Activity and I liked seeing what you had in store for it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you used some big describing words to describe your feelings and what was happening to you. I also like how you used a hyperbole when you said that you were sweating like a bucket was poured on you. If you could choose one person to go with you, who would you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Chris,

    I can see that you've written down a story as if you were actually on a zip-line. You have been very descriptive with your words/sentences explaining how you felt and how your body was reacting to the adrenaline rush.

    Now having this in the back of your mind, would you like to go ziplining in Rotorua or not? I am afraid of heights but I personally think ziplining would be much better than bungee jumping or skydiving. So my answer would be YES. What about you?

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hello Chris,

    Well done for completing this task. I am glad to see you posting these SLJ activities. Did you enjoy finishing this activity? Why? I did this activity too. It was very fun to complete. I enjoyed reading your story about how you would feel about going on the Zipline. I have been on the skyline and luge, but I haven't experience the Zipline. I have seen people going on the zipline when I am taking the next stop for my next ride of the luge. It looks fun to go on, but at the same scared, because your doing it where the trees are.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chris,
    Wow your story got to me!. It is very touching!. I think I would of been nervous while I was their! The adjectives that you have used are great!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete