Friday 11 January 2019

Adoption

I learned that in the World Wildlife Fund you can adopt an animal. But it doesn't mean you take it home. It means you pay the fee and they will use that money to provide it food and water. So for this activity we had to Visit the WWF site and take a look at the animals who are available for adoption. Then we had to Choose your ‘top three’ animals from the website. Then had to compare and contrast them. What is are the differences and similarities.

My favourite three are:


  1. Snowy Owl
  2. Loggerhead turtle
  3. Polar Bear

Differences:

  1. They all live in different areas
  2. One can fly, other walks, and the other swims
  3. They are all different types of aninmals

Similarities:

  1. They are all animals
  2. They all need water and food
  3. They all can move

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Chris,

    This is a great list! I'm intrigued by the loggerhead turtle. Can you tell me more about it?
    There's no doubt about the similarities and differences there, for sure. I'm impressed with your efforts. Keep up the commenting on blogs too, for more points
    Talk to you soon!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I found it interesting that you would choose those animals. I also found it interesting how you chose animals that walk, swim and fly. If you had to pick one, which would be your favourite?

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello Chris,

    Well done for completing this task. I am glad to see you posting these SLJ activities. Did you enjoy finishing this activity? Why? I did this activity too. It was very fun to complete. The animals that you have chosen to adopt is amazing. I'd like to adopt the Snowly Owl and Polar bear. They are both cute.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chris,
    Wow one more activitys for the SLJ!. Your so close. It was so nice seeing your different activitys!. I like the animals you have choosen!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete