Wednesday 2 January 2019

Burning Up

                         


For this activity I we made a graph of the hottest temperatures from cities chosen from the Summer Learning Journey Site. They also gave us the hottest recorded temperatures from each city chosen. The cities chosen were: Dallol (Ethiopia), Dasht-e Loot (Iran), Tirat Zvi (Israel), Kabili (Tunisia) and Bandar-e Mahshahr (Iran). The hottest temperature of each city is: Dallol: 41oC; Dasht-e Loot: 71oC; Tirat Zvi: 54oC; Kabili: 55oC; Bandar-e Mahshahr: 51oC. We had to use that information and turn it into a graph.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you not only had the temperatures in your graph but you also wrote them down. I also liked how you clearly explained the task. Would you've wanted to be in any of those places when they were that hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chris,

    Congratulations on using a digital tool to draw this bar graph. Isn't it pretty crazy how the temperature can rise over 50°C (and up to 70°C) in some cities? The hottest temperature I've ever been in was probably around 33°C and it was still hot enough to get me frustrated. I could not stand the heat!

    Everything seems accurate on your graph and it is great to see that you've labeled the y-axis and x-axis accordingly to show what they indicate. Well done.

    Do you know about any other type of graphs? I'm sure you've heard of pie graphs before!

    Talk soon,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Chris,

    Well done for completing this task. I am glad to see you posting these SLJ activities. Did you enjoy finishing this activity? Why? I did this activity too. It was very fun to complete. I love the graph that you have completed. It is creative and clear to look at and understand.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chris,
    I think that your graph is really good!. You are working so hard!. I have done this activity and it was fun but intersting to know how hot it is in those cities!. Shocking right!. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete