Thursday 3 January 2019

Food Sink





I learned that everyday there is a chemical compound being produced and then released. It is called Carbon Dioxide. If it isn't removed it can be toxic to humans. But carbon dioxide is removed in places like forests, and oceans. They are called "Carbon Sinks" because like a sink it gathers, clean, and drain things that we don't want. So for this activity I have to imagine that I could design a sink that could gather up and then drain away any foods that I don’t like. So on my blog, I had to tell what I would put in my special sink. The food I would throw in the sink would be tomatoes, sardines, and mushrooms.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you even drew a picture of your sink and found some images of the foods you don't like. Although I can agree with you on the sardines, tomatoes and mushrooms are one of my favourite vegetables. If you had to add five more vegetables and fruit which ones would you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chris,

    Georgia here again! Congratulations on doing such a great job, you are really making a positive impact on your learning.

    You have done a wonderful job explaining the importance of this activity, you clearly understand the significance that carbon dioxide has on the planet. This is one of the reasons why we need to start looking after our environment. If we don’t look after our forests, the carbon dioxide will have nowhere to go.

    I like how you have put in tomatoes! Are these the foods you like or dislike?
    I think I would like to put my favourite vegetable scraps in, lettuce and broccoli!

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris,

    Well done for completing this task. I am glad to see you posting these SLJ activities. Did you enjoy finishing this activity? Why? I did this activity too. It was very fun to complete. You have created something awesome. I liked it how you've decided to be creative, by creating a google draw with vege and food going into the sink.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chris! Well done on your drawing, I like the idea and it looks great. That's very interesting you would get rid of sardines, tomatoes, and mushrooms, have you ever tasted these to dislike them? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Chris,
    WOw your choices are intersting! I don't like mushrooms too!. They don't taste nice to me!. Keep it up because you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete