Saturday 5 January 2019

Seven Stars of Matariki

For this activity we had to write a short summary of the story "Seven Stars of Matariki". So in the middle of winter a group of stars appear in sky in May or June to start the Maori New Year. People write stories and songs about the "Seven Stars of Matariki".

There were a bunch of handsome brothers who find a cluster of beautiful girls. The brothers suddenly all fall in love with the girls. But one of the brothers who was Maui realises they are fairy woman. But the brotehrs wouldn't listen. Then the boys started paying attention only to the girls. So they became skinny, they pretty much became skeletons. So then Maui spied on the girls and tried to look at what they were doing. The girls had a plan to starve the brothers to death. So then he told his brothers, and they captured the girls with a magical net.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you explained the story really simply. I also liked how you said that Metai didn't want his brothers to starve so he spied on the women. Do you know what happens after they capture the women with a net?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Chris, Good summary of the story!

    I like how your description flows. What other Maui stories do you like? Maui was quite a legend, wasn't he. How does he realise that the women are fairies, do you think? Clever guy!

    Chris, I'm really enjoying your blog. See if you can comment as well!
    Talk toyou later
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello Chris,

    Well done for completing this task. I am glad to see you posting these SLJ activities. Did you enjoy finishing this activity? Why? I did this activity too. It was very fun to complete. You have did great with your remake story about Matariki. I love your story so much. You have used great descriptive words.


    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chris! I really enjoyed reading your descriptive summary about the story of Matariki. I've heard this video and book be told a few times at school so I found re-writing it in my own words very interesting. What part of the story did you like the most? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris,
    Wow you are doing so well. Your story gives me images in my head although I dont think maui was the name of the boy!. Maybe keep searching of check my blog!. Anyways keep it up!

    ReplyDelete